Please Note: Khalsa Acupuncture is currently not offering Prenatal Yoga classes. Please check out The Birthing Tree in Santa Fe and our local Espanola Ashram www.haciendayoga.org .
When it comes to pregnancy and childbirth, nothing can prepare a woman's body, mind and spirit better than prenatal yoga. Yoga is already well-known for reducing stress and toning the body, but for an expecting mother it can do so much more. For more than 30 years, The Khalsa Way® Pregnancy Yoga
goldenbridgeyoga.com/khalsa-way-gurmukh through time and experience, has researched and perfected the technology and application of pregnancy yoga.
Some of the benefits of The Khalsa Way® Pregnancy Yoga are:
- Increased endurance, muscle tone and strength -- all very important in labor and birth. (Observe the mind and find mental resources in challenging poses that are strengthening when held.)
- Relief from sciatica, neck and back aches; opens the hips and pelvis; improves circulation in the body.
- Alleviates stress and balances the hormones, which reduces symptoms like morning sickness and allows for better nutritional absorption for both mother and baby.
- Breath control and an improved nervous system calm a woman's mind and allows better focus, endurance and pain management.
- A deeper and more meaningful spiritual connection with yourself and between you and your child during pregnancy, labor and parenting.
The Khalsa Way® Pregnancy Yoga recalls the ancient ways of birthing and mothering handed down to us through the ages. These practices lead a new mother to the awareness that she truly knows within herself how to bring forth her baby. The Khalsa Way® teaches a woman to lift the blocks of fear, doubt and old conditioning out of her pregnancy, her birth and her life. As we educate women to become conscious mothers, we create a more conscious, loving and peaceful world.
Kundalini Yoga and meditation, as taught by Yogi Bhajan (www.3HO.org), are the cornerstones of these classes. In class we will practice and learn:
- Yoga postures specifically tailored for strengthening and relaxing the rapidly changing body of a pregnant woman;
- Breathing and meditation techniques;
- Techniques for relaxation and stress reduction;
- Chanting using uplifting and helpful mantras;
- Deep relaxation after yoga -- learning how to relax on cue will be invaluable during labor and delivery;
- Plus "extras" like labor and birthing techniques, foot massage, sharing camaraderie and building friendships, and more.
"One mother, one father, one child, one family at a time. One child is conceived consciously, brought into the womb consciously, and birthed consciously; one child grows for the first 3 years with spirit and with a natural way of living.That could possibly be our greatest contribution to the world! It's often so challenging to change a person's patterning once it's embedded into their subconscious, but building a soul, even before a mother conceives, and then bringing this high, divine energy into the pregnancy and through the first 3 years of this child's life...it doesn't get any better!" Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Golden Bridge Yoga, Los Angeles, CA
"The destiny of the child is mostly the karma the child's soul has; but the moment it gets into the womb of the mother, it is the mental state of the mother that determines how much karma is left." Yogi Bhajan, 3HO.org
Prenatal Yoga at Khalsa Acupuncture is taught by Seva-Simran-Siri Kaur (aka Seva), Certified Instructor of The Khalsa Way® Pregnancy Yoga